FTAPP missing?

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: FTAPP missing?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gimp on Sunday, November 18, 2001 - 01:24 am:

Hi,
Got a bug that has developed recently. Most of the time, but not in all cases, when I type something into a search engine on a page (not a web search engine) I get a message saying there was an error with FTAPP.dll
I checked and saw it was still installed, and McAfee came up all clear. Also, I get this issue sometimes when I try to d/l files, but again not always. Some files it takes, some it wont. I am on a LAN, but there wasn't a problem untill recently. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By victoria on Sunday, November 18, 2001 - 07:45 pm:

this is a trojan...go here for the specifics

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99206&

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gimp on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 10:47 pm:

Hey, thanks a ton. I thought it was a normal file since Mcafee scan didn't say anything about it. Doh!

~Gimp

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page