My cable download speed is slow

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: My cable download speed is slow
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Chris on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:37 am:

I recently got a cable modem and have found that downloads tend to start at about 100K/sec for about one second, then it drops sharply until it reaches about 10K/sec. In theory ishould be getting up to 512K/sec. Is there anything I can do to speed things up? I have been told that it is something to do with buffering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 05:47 pm:

Chris, you can try refreshing your IP address.

Click start/run.

Type in "winipcfg" without quotes and hit enter.

Select your network card (or cable modem if it is internal or usb), and click the "release all" button. When the ip address sets to 0.0.0.0, click the "renew all" button.

This seems to work for cable modem users where I live.

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page