Self extracting file

TNC Discussion Board: Downloads, uploads, file transfers: Self extracting file
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By George Cooper on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 04:42 pm:

If i download a self extracting file can i run it or do i need winzip to open it.I have xp pro ntfs ihave the file but it won't open. the file is pkzip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:53 pm:

Hi George,
A self-extracting file will unzip itself when you double-click it - you don't need an unzip program.

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, August 02, 2002 - 06:55 pm:

Do you get an error message when you try to run it?

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By George Cooper on Saturday, August 03, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

no error it just won't open i tried to download it and open on the site and still won't open.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page