Error Message

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Error Message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, April 11, 2003 - 04:19 am:

Just installed a lexmark X73. When I go to print a test page, after opening the Print Control Program on LPT1, there is a flashing "printer is off-line" in the alert box.

There is now two lexmark X73 icons in the printer folder. The second one is the default printer, and will actually print a test page. The first icon will not print a test page at all.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Thank you!

Win 98SE
HP Pavilion 8240

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 07:25 pm:

I've just installed an X73, but on WinXP. The docs aren't too helpful - the general idea seems to be turn it off, wait a bit, turn it back on!

You could try completely uninstalling it, then re-installing. It may be Windows - mine said it wouldn't work with Win98, so I didn't try installing it on that machine at all. The first icon (that won't print) could just be a failed install - I had that with other printers on Win98, I just left them and used the one that did work.

If you try to print from a program, does it do anything?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page