Hitting printer brick wall

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Hitting printer brick wall
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By John Moffat on Tuesday, May 18, 2004 - 01:47 am:

I have two printers: a Canon BJC-210SP Bubble Jet printer and a LBP-810 laser printer. Until recently both were working beautifully - then suddenly nothing with both printers.

Trying to figure out what had gone wrong here, the only thing I could think of was my clicking on a 'cancel' button in a properties box when I was trying to rectify the problem of the laser printer giving me instructions in Russian.

I have tried uninstalling the laser printer but it won't let me. My operating system is Windows XP. I would be grateful for any help I could get here.

Regards,
John Moffat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Evelyn Hendricks on Monday, September 06, 2004 - 06:48 pm:

I have a new computer running Windows XP Professional on a Dell Dimension 8400. I want to use the printer I used with Windows 98 because I like the two-sided print feature. It is a HP 970 Cxi printer. On Windows 98 I had it connected to the parallel port. On this computer I have tried connecting it to the USB port. I used the Wizard to install it, but it does not work properly. The interface looks completely different, and the two-sided printing is not available.

I think I should download and install new drivers for it, but I am not sure how to do that. Should I download the drivers before trying to install the printer or after?

For the present I am going to try to connect it to the parralle port. Is this all right? My son is of the opinion that this particular model works better on the parellel connection. Is he right about that?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page