Refilling Ink Cartridges

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Refilling Ink Cartridges
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Email - How do I move a message?  2   10/29 07:08am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 29, 2000 - 02:15 pm:

Hi,

Can I refill an ink cartridge using a refill kit on on HP Deskjet printer? Does anyone know if this is a good idea, or has actually done it? Any help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jaycee Rice on Wednesday, November 29, 2000 - 10:15 pm:

I used an HP Deskjet 560C until a few months ago. My husband had an Epson, some model of inkjet color printer and normally refilled his ink cartridges happily. He tried refilling the cartridge for the HP Deskjet once. When I asked him the next time to show me how to do it, he said it didn't work well with the HP Deskjet and it is extremely messy. Not only did he not want me to try it, although he did allow me to refill the Epson, he didn't want to do it himself anymore.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, November 30, 2000 - 02:03 am:

I too tried re-filling a HP ink cartridge once. It turned out to be very messy, plus of course if you re-fill and it messes up your printer and they find out you used a re-filled cartridge, it voids your printer warranty. I found this site that offers for sale re-filled cartridges for about half price, I have not purchased any yet so can't vouch for them. http://www.123inkjets.com/hp.htm

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 07:40 am:

Hi there=;)
Have used refillable cartridges for sometime now..
and it does work for me..We have a Cannon BJ250
printer..my son owns a cannon but his kits are different from ours.Both my husband and I have been using this brand..
1)=NCR Inkjet/Refill BC-02(Cartridge)$22.99
2)=NCR Inkjet/Kit BC-01/02(Refill Kit)$12.99
We get these kits from Office Max.They also come in color kits and refillables.Talk to one that u trust at Office Max..if not they can steer you wrong.We have always dealt with office Mac(Hawaii) and they have been a big help.Trying to help a fellow comp user....Hey .it's :) Aloha from Hawaii....Sandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Phil on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 10:02 am:

Hi Folks!

We've been refilling printer cartridges of the several printer models (HP,Epson,Canon) we've had over the past couple of years. (it really isn't hard!)

It's a great cost saver! The ease of refilling depends on the refill product you purchase and the type cartridge you refill. Make sure the 'kit' you purchase includes inks specific to your printer model and detailed, graphical instructions.

Refilling your cartridge will NOT void your warranty. Consumers are protected by the 'Magnusson-Moss Warranty Protection Act', in short, it's like Ford telling you that you can only put Chevron gas in your car.

Hope this helps... for more consumer tips and free printer utilities, you can check out MaxPatch Ink Supplies (maxpatchink.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By DAWN RINDFLEISCH on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

My Compaq Windows 98 model mouse has suddenly refused to work, when I right click, it clicks ok, but nothing happens, I've never had a problem, and the left click works fine. (I've cleaned it throughly) Any help would be appreciated. Dawn dawnmoya@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 08:30 pm:

Dawn:

Does the mouse do this with all web pages?
Sometimes right click is disabled, but usually when this is the case you will get a popup alert message.

If you've cleaned the mouse thouroughly and it still doesn't work, get a new mouse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 24, 2001 - 02:43 pm:

I personally have not had good luck refilling my
HP710. I've tried more than once, and have not been happy with the results.
This might influence the brand of copier that I
purchase next time, because I really become unhappy when I have to pay those big prices for
my ink cartridges. It sort of makes me feel like a sucker, who is being exploited.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By how2000 on Thursday, June 28, 2001 - 12:43 pm:

I am refilling my cartridges for some time now using different printers.The one I use now is a Canon BJC-300.It is a breeze to refill.
One time the ink was leaking inside the printer and I realized that I forgot to close the hole I drilled .Sticky tape does the trick and stops the leak.
I had some ink left from a different printer and tried ,it worked to finish the print job but,the next day the printer refused to print.
Since I use only the recommended refill.Never had another problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tammy on Monday, October 22, 2001 - 10:31 pm:

question
I have a printer ....HP
A friend took me to a computer show and I bought some refill ink but it was filled and now the ink still won't work.

Am I going to have to keep buying ink cartridges?

can some one tell me what they think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim Furr on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 10:23 pm:

Hi!,

I've been refilling my Canon BJC-2100 for a long time. In fact, I am still using the same ink cartridge and refill needle that I started with!

I know that I've printed at least 6000 sheets by now.

I get my stuff at www.Ink-Etc.com. Nice people to deal with too.

I got 24 oz. for $24.80 (That includes shipping)!
That's a lot of printing.

jim (jfurr@adelphia.net)
<

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jim wellsood on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 05:32 am:

Anybody refilling Lexmark Printer catridges
(Black ink or Color). Cartridge #12A1970 (black)
15M0120 (Color). For Lexmark Printer X83

Feedback appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 02:27 am:

A local retired gentleman refills ink cartridges. When my HP cartridge becomes empty, I immediately seal it tightly in plastic wrap and take it in for refill. Otherwise, the cartridge heads dry out and won't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By abqbob on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 01:45 pm:

I bought and tried the Kalvin refill on my previous printer, which was an Epson. The black ink worked OK but the color never did. I had to go out and buy a new ink cartridge anyway so was out the money for the refill kit. I'm not planning to try it on my new Cannon S500 unless someone can assure me they did it, it was easy and it worked fine. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, April 06, 2002 - 12:34 am:

I totally agree that the price of the printer is not an issue, it's the ink.

I previously had an Epson printer that I was able to get non Epson refills, but since I bought a Lexmark Z33 which has a special code, I have not found a non Lexmark refill for my model.

As for refilling these cartridges I was told the ink has a very refined formula, and the cartridge will not perform properly if it is not the same formula.

I do a lot of research, and a cartridge only lasts me a few days at $40 a crack.

I use the 10N0016 Black & the 10N0026 Color.

Does anyone have a solution to my dilema?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards, from John in Canada.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Diane Sweat on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 05:17 pm:

I have been refilling ink cartridges for several years for HP printers. Best bet is to go to a web site like MatchPatchInk.com & read all about filling your particular brand. My HP black cartridges are easy to fill & I seal the holes with hot glue & re-drill it next time. The color cartridges are a whole other ball of wax. They have some sort of sponge in them and as the ink gets used the sponge hardens. The black cartridges have a "well" that you fill up. While I have had great success in the black refills, the color ones are still not working well. I just buy the color cartridges or buy the mailers & have them filled. Next time I need to buy a printer, I will try to find one that is less expensive to maintain.
BTW. for those worried about the warranty even tho you don't need to, once the warranty is over, what have you got to lose by trying it???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ruby on Tuesday, July 15, 2003 - 01:23 am:

I buy ink cartridges for my Lexmark printer from www.rolo.com for $17.00 each.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sheri Brooks on Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 09:42 pm:

I have an HP 4 in 1 printer. The color cartridge has a slight nick in the gold cable around it. The printer will not work with this cartridge in it. It is an almost new cartridge. Does anyone know if there is some way to transfer the ink to another cartridge or am I out the $40 plus that it cost. Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 07:03 pm:

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a Lexmark Z25 and have refilled both black and color with good results.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By asxpgmo@google.com on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 05:15 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page