Printer long lines

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Printer long lines
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beargrease2@netzero.net on Saturday, January 22, 2005 - 09:26 pm:

Have new M/S XP system but printer that must have been found in back seat of Henry Ford's first Model T (a Nec PS3200). Inbound traffic prints ok on monitor but when try to print out, drops the last one or two inches of each line (no wordwrap). Manual hopelessly geeky and doesn't seem to address the problem at all. Do I have to buy new printer (gasp!)? Tnx
Anteater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 02:47 pm:

You may have to - my printer will only work on XP, not on other versions of windows. But we have a really old printer that works just fine on XP and 98.

See if you can find the manufacturers web page - they may have info on which operating systems your model will work on. Or you may just need a new driver for XP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anteater on Monday, January 24, 2005 - 10:21 pm:

(re dreuby 1-24}

A friend checked the part about the driver. We had the latest available. But I don't know if he asked about compatibility. Will do so. Tnx again!
Anteater

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anteater on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 03:10 am:

Ref dreuby 1-24...
I got hold of manuf. They said nothing wrong with driver or printer being too old...that I just need to "tell printer application to turn on WordWrap" . How do-um that Red Ryder?
Tnx much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 01:13 pm:

Two options here - the programs that you use will have setting for word wrap. eg MS Office has word wrap set on as you type, whereas my text editor has it turned off until I turn it on. So if the problem happens just in one program, dig about in the help file to see if you can turn word wrap on/off.

Second option - if it's happening in lots of programs, or the software doesn't seem to have an option to turn it on, go to Control Panel and then choose Printers. Right-click your printer and choose Properties. You may find options in there for word wrap.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page