Printer won't print

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Printer won't print
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Printer won't respond  8   01/31 12:10am
Printer won't print letters  2   02/08 11:33pm
Printer shoots blanks  1   12/12 09:10pm
LPT1 error message  1   08/12 02:04am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 01:14 am:

I have a Canon BJC 4300 printer....all of a sudden it doesn't want to print anything.I've changed cartridges....gone in and checked everything I could think of to check and it still won't print....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!You can e-mail me at: angel46@fulton-net.com
any help is greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Elizabeth Peacock on Thursday, April 12, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

I have a HP 600 OfficeJet printer...print,fax, scan. It keeps scrolling across some problem w/ scanner cover. I have taken it to be repaired, but they are unable to fix it as HP won't send parts having to do w/ the scanner. I feel there really is nothing wrong w/ it but perhaps a setting. Does anyone know what I could do? I live in the Virgin Islands so sending it to HP is a hassle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, April 13, 2001 - 06:49 pm:

I have a Lexmark Z32 printer. Everything was working fine and then I changed the ink cartridge. Now the powerlight and paper feed both keep blinking. My troubleshooting book says that this is print cartridge carrier has stalled. I have turned the printer on and off. Have left it off for a day and still it continues to do this.
Any ideas on how I can correct this . I would really appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 17, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

Anon:

Perhaps you didn't put the ink cartridge in properly. Try removing the ink cartridge and reinstalling it. Is this a bubbleJet printer or a laserjet? Either way, I believe the problem is with your cartridge not being installed properly.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 06:26 pm:

My printer was working fine and then I changed the ink cartridge. Now, my printer will print, but it only prints a few lines before it feeds down quite a few lines and then prints some more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 09:21 pm:

Anon, verify you have the cardridge in properly. Once you do that, take the new one out and replace with the old one again... try printing... it may not show ink, but you should be able to tell if it is printing a full page or feeding down.

More than likely, you don't have the cartridge in properly, or you have bought a bad one.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ron Wagner on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 06:37 pm:

I too have a lexmark inkjet printer, 3200
Tried a refil kit for black, replaced it and everything works fine...but as I was running out of black I filled it again...this time it would not print. Everything worked fine...just no ink.
Then the color needed to be added...and following their instructions...proceeded to refil the appropriate colors. Wow, what a mess of colors. In the directions you have to pry-off the top of the cartridge. To put it back on, all you can do is secure it with tape/ or something. Could this little bit of tape on the top be affecting the way the cartridge fits in the printer? Could this be interferring some place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 11:48 pm:

Have a canon BJC2000, bubblejet, and it does not print. I have deleted it and added it back., still not printing. Checked the cables and in tight., what else could be wrong? Before, I had a paper jam, and it came out fine. Printed and all of a sudden nothing.The paper comes out blank- Sent away for the cartridges, could that be the problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 03:40 pm:

Ok, so when you attempt to print a document, you don't get an error message, but just get blank paper?

If so, does the printer sound like it's trying to print on the paper, or does it just feed the paper straight through each time?

When it tries to print, if it's a document with more than one page, does it only feed one page through, or feed the number of pages as the document?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary Kendrick on Monday, May 27, 2002 - 03:51 pm:

I have a Canon BJC-2000 that prints excellently.My problem is in the print page setup. I inadvertently erased the formula in the header and footer positions that told the printer to print the page number at the top of the page and the web address and date at the bottom of the page. Could someone please send me the info. I am running Microsoft 98 Second Edition. Thank you.
Mary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greencgk3 on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:37 am:

Could not get this site for a while. This is in answer to Josh Lowe- April 23rd. On my BJC 2000 Canon printer, which does not print, Yes, blank paper sometimes goes through the printing motion, and other times it just goes through fast. - It will go one pg at a time. I know something simple is wrong with it. On C disk properties window, I have timeout setting- 15 secs - not selected, and transmission retry- 45 secs. 8.50 GB free space. Cleaned the print head twice already., and the nozzles., new ink, but no tape on bottom, just plastic holder. Did this help anyone??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By debbe on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 04:25 am:

I have a Xerox Workcentre M940/M950. The first time it was installed it worked great. After having some major virus issues, uninstalling Windows 98 via DOS and reinstalling I tried to reinstall my Workcentre only to find the scanner driver could not be located. Since I have the original installation disk and used a bootleg version of windows 98 for reinstallation I am thinking the problem is with windows not being properly or completely reinstalled. If anyone advise me what to do to verify my suspicions or if u know if windows 98, 2nd edition is available on-line as a free download please contact me (debbe)at dglegrands@aol.com. Any/all help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Nordquist on Monday, January 06, 2003 - 02:05 am:

I have a Lexmark 3200, just changed my black cartridge (brand new), wouldn't print black just prints color, already exchanged for new one at the store, and still the 2nd new one won't print black, the color prints fine, just no black,,if someone could please help and let me know what's going on I would really appreciate it! Have a XP operating system, do you think this is part of the problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bev on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 12:46 am:

hi there, happy new year. having a problem with printing. am a newbie.have two comps. i am primary. cannot print from secondary computer to primary computer. please tell me what information you need to know in order to help me. thank you very much

bev

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bev on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 12:48 am:

hi there, happy new year. having a problem with printing. am a newbie.have two comps. i am primary. cannot print from secondary computer to primary computer. please tell me what information you need to know in order to help me. thank you very much

bev

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dan Fenning on Wednesday, April 16, 2003 - 10:33 pm:

I have a Lexmark Z32. When I install it, I can only print in color, no black. Both of my cartridges are new, and were working before. I am using the same driver (latest from Lexmark)and the same OS (XP). Test pages from the driver show black, although it is really poor. Applications print in tri-color (no black) Has anyone else had this problem? Did they fid a fix?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 03:05 am:

I had to delete my printer.Then I reinstalled it.Then I went to micro soft for an update.They installed a new drive.The printer works.Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By flowslow on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 03:52 am:

I have two questions: my lexmark 83 refuses to
accept a driver when I try to install. I used the
clean out download but no help.
the second is what is the multi printer of choice
under $150 I hear epson is the best. can anyone
verify that. thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By somethingforyou on Friday, December 24, 2004 - 01:37 pm:

Hi everyone, I have a hp640c dekjet printer.
The printer starts printing, then halfway through it jams. A message comes up saying that there is an error and the paper tray is empty when in fact it is full. This happens everytime I try to print.
Has anyone had this problem?
Heather

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page