PRINTING SECTION

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: PRINTING SECTION
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Printer doesn't print columns  2   10/06 07:31pm
Printer+cartridges  2   06/20 11:53pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CHICK on Sunday, December 17, 2000 - 09:51 pm:

I WANT TO PRINT ONLY PART OF MY E MAIL. I HIGHLIGHT THE PART I WANT TO PRINT, THEN GO TO FILE-PRINT ECT. MY DIALOG BOX HAS SELECTION GREYED OUT AND I CAN NOT PICK THIS, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT TO DO? I HAVE A HP970 PRINTER. THANK YOU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mary on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 07:12 pm:

Hi:

I am having the same problem as Chick. My cannon 3000 printer will not let me print selected parts of a page. The selection dialog box is greyed out. Can anyone help. I am wasting paper and ink.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, May 26, 2001 - 07:20 pm:

Hi:

I am having a problem with website addresses and I am hoping someone can help me. If the address has a / or ends with htm I get a message "sorry no results found" I have used several different search engines and I get the same message. What am I doing that is incorrect? Please help.

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 03:25 am:

Mary, I believe the only way to do this is to highlight the part that you want to print, move the cursor to the right of that area and click on the little menu. Choose copy . Now open your clip-board and you will see just the part that you highlighted. Now open your notepad and click on edit. Under edit choose paste from clipboard, and presto , you have it . Now click on print.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Thursday, June 07, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

Hi Mary,

I have created a shortcut to notepad on my taskbar, next to the "Big E" bottom left hand side.
Now when I want to print anything I highlight it, right click on it, then click copy. I then click on the notepad shortcut, notepad opens in a new page, then just right click anywhere on this page and click paste, the highlighted text is then displayed, if you want to print it just click file, print and off it goes. If you want to keep it just click save as, and navigate to the file you want to put it into, click save, hey presto, its all done, sounds complicated but its not, believe me you will find it saves time, paper, ink and frayed nerves.
I hope this helps.

Cheers

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, June 08, 2001 - 01:23 am:

Mary,
In the print DIALOG BOX at the bottom under print frames is there a tick in the "only the selected frame" that allows you to print only highlighted text, just a guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By John Matysek on Sunday, June 10, 2001 - 02:49 pm:

Greetings.
I had absolutely no problem printing long documents with my HP540 printer using Win 95 and 98.

Now, with MS Windows Me the printer stops after less than half a page is printed. A message appears saying that there was a printer time out. This occurs everytime. There is no topic in "help" about a time out feature. Also, there is no reference about time out in a manual by Brian Underdahl "Teach Yourself Microsoft Windows Me" , This subject is skipped in a display of various drop down boxes when it should appear sequentially.

I would appreciate advice how to adjust the time out selection to no selection of time out. It seems silly to have such a feature in the first place.

Regards, John Matysek

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, June 11, 2001 - 06:45 am:

John,

I am not familiar with any timeout type of setting. Have you tried removing the printer and reinstalling it again, to make sure the drivers are working properly?

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Amber Vaughn on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 03:03 am:

Help. My printer is only printing computer langage when I try to print something. It printed the first two pages then started flipping out. Its online so I dont know what the problem is. When it first started messing up it said it was out of paper but it wasnt then after a few retrys it started printing the computer stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 12:28 am:

Hi, I have the same problem as Amber. I can't get the thing to shut off tho, even after it has (finally) printed a page. I took my printer back to where I bought it, the owner tested it and it is fine, so the problem must be in the computer. I have to go in and click Pause (on the printer) to get it to stop. Any ideas, anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, July 01, 2001 - 12:59 am:

Anon and Amber:

The printer prints garbage for one of two reasons: Communication problems or driver problems.

Both are most likely driver problems... if you use the same cable to connect from computer to printer at the place you bought it from, that eliminates that. If not, it is still most likely a driver problem ...

Go to start/settings/control panel - click on the add/remove programs icon. Scroll down until you see your printer software, highlight it and click the add/remove button. This will remove your software.

Next, reinstall the software for your printer. After completing, it will ask to print a test page... post back to let us know if it prints correctly or not.

Or, if you don't find printer software in your list, post back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RRConboy on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 10:27 pm:

Brand new newbie - brand new problem. I have a Lexmark Z31. It is quite adequate and does what I tell it to do - except: When printing pages direct from the Interent the last line on a page (if it is text) is cut in half. Top half of the letters on the last line printed; bottom half of letters on first line printed on the next page. Anyway to adjust this alignment? I have tried different margin settings - no luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 08:50 pm:

I have a lexmark 1000 color jet printer. I am unable to print pages using Print on my browser.
It just gives me some printed buttons and scroll bars. Annoying! I do the copy and paste to my notepad or to any other document, but it is very time consuming and annoying. (It does help cut down on the color ink used though!)
Some pages are impossible to copy and print this way though.
I am completely stumped and have asked 500 people for help (slight exaggeration). webmomma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 06:19 pm:

Please elaborate on what happens when you click the print button from the web browser. You say it gives some printed buttons and scroll bars. Please explain that further.

Also, have you tried clicking File/print from the top menu? It should open a printer options window, just click the print button.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jim wellstood on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 10:15 pm:

Lexmark X83. Lost some quality with the black ink. Color is fine. From the Print Control Panel
did a clean nozzles three times with a printout of
the printed bars and diagonal lines. There are breaks in the lines for the black ink which indicates that there might be dried ink on cartridge nozzles or contacts. As per instructions with a dampen clean lint free cloth,
gently wiped the gold nozzle area. No improvement. Is it okay to wipe the contacts inside the printer where you insert the cartridge
when you open the front panel door. This was not
a recycled cartridge or a refill. Feedback appreciated.
Cartridge is half filled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 04:54 pm:

Hello Arline,

Read you message to Mary on adding a notebook shortcut to the taskbar. Could you be more explicit on how to do that. I guess I'm too new to figure it out. Thanks

Doretta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 05:26 pm:

Anon,
Start/Programs/Accessories/Notepad. Right click on Notepad/Send to Desktop as a shortcut. Left click and drag the Notepad shortcut on your desktop to the Quick Launch Bar (next to the Start button)when you see a black vertical bar appear, release the left mouse button. Sometimes this is kind of tricky, but it will work. All that is required then to launch Notepad is a single left click on the icon on the quick launch bar which is always visable. This is assuming that you have the quick launch bar activated. To check, right click on an empty spot on the taskbar (bottom of screen), then left click on "Toolbars", make sure a check is by "Quick Launch Bar".

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page