HP500 all-in-one quirk

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: HP500 all-in-one quirk
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
HP710 All in one  1   10/11 03:10pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By anoj on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 08:29 pm:

I have an HP500 all-in-one printer that requires HP software in order to operate. Unfortunately, if I disconnect the printer cable from the computer (I also use it on my laptop), there is a dialog box on the desktop saying in effect that the HP printer was not detected. If one closes the box, the computer is totally dysfuntional. So, I have to always have the dialog box showing in order to use my computer(s). HP tech support was no help. Is there anything that can be done to remove the box completely from the desktop without causing some other problem?
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:12 pm:

anoj:

Look on your taskbar (bottom right, next to the clock). There is probably an icon that looks like a printer there. (I have an hp3100 all-n-1, and there is one there for me, so I assume there is one for you too.)

Try doing this:

Right-click on the printer icon and choose "exit" or "close" at the bottom of the pop-up list. Then, disconnet your printer cable and attach to laptop. I think that will prevent the dialog box from appearing.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page