Printer-prints in weak color only.

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Printer-prints in weak color only.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Color cartridges won't work  1   07/01 01:20pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 01:10 pm:

My printer will print in weak orange color only. I have just recently replaced the black ink and the color ink has not finished yet. I just don't know what's wrong.
Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 02:03 pm:

Several possibilities:

1.Your colour cartridge contains 4 "tanks". These hold the component colours, cyan, magenta, yellow and black. They combine in the correct proportions to print the colour you want. If any one of these is empty you won't be able to print colours properly and the whole cartridge will need to be replaced.

2. Some of the print heads are clogged. Your printer will have a self-cleaning facility. Use Help to find it then run it.

3. You need to re-install your printer drivers to ensure your pc and the printer are communicating properly. Your printer will probably have a pc to printer communications test which you should find in Help. Run that first. If it reports that everything's OK, it's 1 or 2. If not, re-install the drivers (if you've lost the disk, you'll probably find them at the manufacturers web site).

Chances are it's number 1. This is especially true if you've printed something recently that contained a big area of one particular colour, which resulted in one of the tanks being drained.

Cheers

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

Hi Jamie, Arline here,

Just wanted to tell you I finally ditched the Genius Scanner, (very costly operation) and got a simple one, no frills or flounces just a plain old scanner, its brilliant, doesn't ask questions, just does what i need, scans my pics and puts them in my pc, what more can I ask ???? Thanks for ALL your help

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 11:40 am:

Hi Arline

Glad to hear you got it sorted - that must be a major relief. Sometimes simplest is best!!!!

Cheers

Jamie

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page