Printer text too small

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Printer text too small
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, January 05, 2002 - 07:15 am:

Recently my printer text is so small I can't hardly read it. Don't know what happened. It is ok on monitor but when I print it is much too small.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Glenn on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 04:01 pm:

Hi Anonymous :-), Let me know what printer you have, the font settings will be in your printer setup section ( try your printers help section )all printers have different ways to access there settings, so knowing the brand will help. Have a great day!! Glenn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 11:02 pm:

hI, I am having the same problem with my HP Officejet 710 printer,....text too small. I have tried every avenue to find an answer to this problem but cannot. The printer setup section, and also the manual do not contain an explanation or way to change font size or style. I have tried using the boxes from the webpage, and while it changes the text on the webpage, it does not carry over when I print it out. Sometimes the print also becomes extremely tiny, and gathers at the lower right hand corner of the page.I cannot think of anything that I did or downloaded that started it happening.I have spent many hours of my life trying to solve what seems to be, a simple adjustment.I would appreciate any help.Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:49 pm:

Could you please answer the one above this one for him and for me. I am having the very same problem. My computer is : Hewlett Packard Pavilion M90 My Printer is: Hewlett Packard Photo Smart P1000 Everything was fine for months and months and then all of a sudden, my print is tiny--smaller than an 8. I made no changes to the printer settings. On the monitor it looks fine. I tried changing Windows Standard to Windows Large in settings. I tried changing the font in Outlook Express also. On the monitor it looks big as normal, but when I print............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 05:53 pm:

I don't think this is a "settings change" issue.

However, try this first: Click start/settings/printers. Right click your printer and choose properties.
Click the button for "print a test page". See if the page looks small. If it does, follow the below instructions. If it doesn't, post back.

Uninstall your printer software first.

Second, click start/settings/printers, and make sure your printer has been removed. If it hasn't, select the printer and right-click - delete.

When it asks if you want to delete the files associated with the printer, say "yes". Umm..I can't remember if it asks it that way or if it asks if you want to save the files...but either way, choose the response that will delete the files.

Next, restart your pc, but make sure your printer is unattached to the computer.

On reboot, reinstall your printer software, and follow the instructions.

Try printing a windows test page.

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page