|By Ginny on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 02:10 am:|
I misplaced my guide on "how to connect my USB printer" for my HP desk jet. I tried to do it from memory and messed it up. I un installed the drivers but now I need someone to give me step-by-step on what to do 1st, next etc., so I can get this thing up and running.
p.s. I already went to the HP website and they don't have this specifically.
|By Richard on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 09:33 am:|
Ginny, I need to know what Operating system you are going to install the printer on, I have instructions for W98-W2000 & WME. My printer is a HP1215 PhotoSmart, but I think most of the USB desk jet printers would be the same. The instructions for 98 & 2000 are the same, but ME is a little different. I am assuming that you have the CD for your printer?
|By Ginny1956 on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 01:10 am:|
I am installing on my laptop which is running W98.
|By Richard on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 06:36 am:|
Here is what my instructions say about installing my HP1215, hope it works for you.
"IMPORTANT"- Do not use the Add Printer Wizard to install the printer software. Follow the steps below to install the software using the ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD. We recommend that you disable any virus checking software before you install the printer software.
1. Connect the printer to your computer, turn on the printer, and then turn on your computer.
2. When the ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD screen displays, insert the printer CD in the CD-ROM drive. Then click NEXT.
Continued on next page
|By Richard on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 06:44 am:|
3. Select SEARCH FOR THE BEST DRIVER FOR YOUR DEVICE, then click NEXT.
4. Select CD-ROM drive, then click NEXT.
5. Continue through the Wizard screens, clicking NEXT, ACCEPT or FINISH as appropriate.
6. When installation is complete, you are asked to print the demo page, load paper and click PRINT DEMO PAGE. This page confirms communication between your computer and the printer.
7. When the demo page has printed, shut down Windows and restart your computer.
8. If you disabled virus checking software, re-enable it now.
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|