Printer is spitting out a blank piece of paper

TNC Discussion Board: Printer, Paper, Ink: Q&A: Printer is spitting out a blank piece of paper
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Text won't print (Lexmark)  1   01/05 12:27am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Linda on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 02:09 pm:

Hi,
I desperate for help. Seems the printer's manufacturer claims the problem's the software, the software claims it's the problem with the printer. HELP!

I just recently changed my printer and I had this problem with the old printer. Only in certain programs while printing, the printer will print what is required then spit out a blank sheet. I've attempted to fix it, then given up but now it is driving me crazy. I've looked at the properties (printer)and it appears that everything is correct. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, July 05, 2002 - 08:22 pm:

Linda,
Some time back I had the same problem with my HP1215 printer, the only thing that finally worked for me was to uninstall (from Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add/Remove) and reinstall the printer. That cured it for me. Make sure you follow the installation instructions to the letter about whether or not you have the printer connected or not connected during installation/shutting down Virus protection during installation, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 04:18 am:

Linda,
Not sure about HP Printers, but check your properties/settings again to be sure separator page is not selected. If it is uncheck it or select none.

Hope this helps

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page