Web Site Builder and NotePad Light

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Web Site Builder and NotePad Light
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Duane Lee on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 07:57 pm:

Hi

I bought the new upgraded Newbie Website Builder with NotePad light editor.

In the web tutor by Joe Barta. First Lesson, first page. I have inputted this code into
Note Tab Light.

The Sogge Family Tree

First Generation American

(Reviewing this post I see that it does not include the code for some reason?)

Now I want to view it. I am told to double click on an icon that should
allow this.

I can not find the icon. So I can not view the web page I am trying to learn
to build!

Nor can I find any support page in Joes lesson instructions. I had to find the order confirmation e-mail with the support address in order to ask this simple question.

After two days I receive an e-mail directing me to this forum for questions. Thanks for the support Newbie Club!

Anyway can anyone help me with this?

Thank You, Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, October 17, 2003 - 07:39 pm:

Hi,

Where did I save that file? I'm sure it was ....

You can search for your file using Windows find (Windows key+F). If you can remember what you called it, use the filename. If not, it should be an .html file so search for *.html

It may be that when you saved the file, NoteTab saved it as a text file, .txt, so try a search for *.txt (though there'll be a lot of them!)

When you find it, you can right-click and choose "open with text editor" to make it load - NoteTab gives you the option to use it as your default editor. If you said "yes" to this, the file will load in NoteTab - if not, you'll have to load Notetab and then choose File/Open.

Forum software doesn't display html code - you have to fiddle about with escape codes and stuff, which I've never made work :(

I'm not sure if I've answered your question - let me know if I haven't!
Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page