Images to notebook

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Where can I get templates of submit forms : Images to notebook
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ian on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 01:09 am:

When I try to drag images to note Book ,I get a warning,for example, chef.gif may be a binary file.695 nontext characters have been converted to "(alt+0183) Can you help please?
Also I have been unable to d/l either IRFAN VIEWER or old version of paintshop pro from links provided.Thank you.
Ian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 03:15 pm:

IrfanView site seems to be down at the moment - you can also download from here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/irfan.html

I haven't used NoteBook - is it the software from softnote.com?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ian on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 11:16 pm:

Sorry that should have read Note Tab Light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, February 16, 2004 - 09:00 pm:

Oh - I use that! You can't display graphics files in NoteTab - it's a plain text editor. By the way, do you know about the NoteTab mailing list?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/notetab

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ian on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 02:35 am:

"Another method is to use a text or html editor that imports the size when you insert the image. I use NoteTab, and an image tag of my design is built for me when I simply drag the filename on to the current file. I can insert an image in about 6 tenths of a second (I told you NoteTab was my favorite!)"
This is a direct quote from Tom Barta,page 10 I think.Can you explain this in simpler terms step by step as I've tried without success.I'm about to give up on it again .Many thanks
Ian

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 09:44 pm:

Sorry - I misunderstood, I thought you were trying to view the graphic file in NoteTab!

Open the clipbook if it isn't open (Press F4).
From the buttons along the bottom of the screen, choose the "HTML" button. The clipbook will now show the HTML library.

Scroll down about halfway, until you see "Image Elements". Double click on the "Image" item in this section, and you'll get a dialog box to enter your picture file's info (name, and ALT if you use it). When you click OK, the IMG tab should show height and width .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ian on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 04:44 am:

When you say clipbook ,are you referring to Note tab?
Anyway I opened n/tab followed the rest of your instructions ,copied and pasted onto n/pad completed text and VOILA ,my first graphic appeared on web page!
Then I got greedy,thought I'd put another one into same page but all I got was outline of size and that little red cross.Went back over all my moves but couldn't get any success.However onwards and upwards I'm delighted to have got over this hurdle and will keep plugging away.I cant thank you enough Dianne for your patience and help.
Ian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 09:47 am:

Yes - clipbook in Notetab.

That might just be that your path is wrong - for example I sometimes put all my pics in an "image" sub directory. So the path should be image/mypic.gif - but I just put mypic.gif. So the browser is looking in the main directory and not finding it.

This may happen if you type the pic filename into the dialog box and forget the subdiretory - use the "browse" button to search and make sure its right.

I've done that a lot ... :(

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page