Help with geocities sounds

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Need an image editor: Help with geocities sounds
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Power point  1   05/26 06:44am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vicki Edmiston on Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 10:08 pm:

I went to geocities one day to build on a memorial website I was building. Everytime I tried to open page builder at geocities, my internet explorer would close.
To remedy that, I went to settings, control panel, and doubleclicked on my java icon. Windows said the program this shortcut points to is not found.
While deleting a worm infested file, I deleted the whole folder the file was in. A zipped folder, at the time I didn't know was important.
After that I downloaded java 2 runtime enviroment 1.4.2_04 from java sun's website. Then I went to windows update and reinstalled Service pack 1 for IE 6.0.
Everything seemed to be fine except
I uploaded a midi song onto the website earlier. I used to be able to hear it. Now I can't. The music is still there, but it won't play it on this computer.
I don't know if this is important but, my old java icon looked like a ball of jello, the new one I just got is a steaming coffee cup. I am on win 98 SE. I hope someone can help me.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page