Keeping it accessible.

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Keeping it accessible.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tonyscott on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 12:40 pm:

Hi All!
I.m Tony, I live in U.K. I'm visually impaired and my partner is totally blind. I have downloaded the FIRST WEBSITE BUILDER and Joe Barta's 4 tutorials. It's really encouraging that both guys actually mention screen-reader technology and the need to keep web sites simple. This is not to say the they have to be boreing, text-only YAWNS!!!. My partner can shop for England on the web, becasuse the sites she uses ARE accessible. So well done guys on such good advice.
My question: Bearing in mind that I have only just started learning HTMl and going through the tutorials, I noticed the advice from J.R to keep pages reasonably small. SO HOW DO I START A SECOND PAGE (and subsequent pages)?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 01:51 pm:

If you're creating them yourself, not using an online service, then you simply open a new HTML file, and call it what you want. Your home page must be called index.html, but your other pages can be called anything as long as they don't have special characters like & or commas etc.

You can include links to those other pages on your home page, and on any other pages you create.

You may find it easiest to work out your site layout first.

Hope this helps - tell me if you want more information. I'm in the UK too :)

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page