How to access an image from one site & display on another?

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: How to access an image from one site & display on another?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
When right clicking on an image to save as..how do l store...  2   01/12 10:30pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dee on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 02:49 pm:

Hi, folks! I have more than one website (all fairly basic as I am new at this) and one of them has VERY limited HTML capacity (and no upload--text input only). What I need is a way to store images on one of my other sites, and then display them on the "limited" (but important to my business) site. I found code to do this from another site on the web (tested it and it worked), but I want to be able to do this with my OWN images, from my own site.

I've deduced that the images in question need to be stored each (by itself) on its very own HTML page, and I've tried giving each image page a unique name, loading them all in one of my sites, and then trying to get the "limited" site to display them, but to no avail. What I need (I think) is to know the EXACT way to code the "address" of the image source, i.e. img src="http://mysite.host/page/imagename" or whatever.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me exact directions on what these specifications need to be? I've tried all different combinations and arrangements, and so far nothing has worked. The dots and forward slashes seem confusing, and I'm probably making some fairly basic mistake which is simple to correct.

Thanks, in advance for your help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 03:13 pm:

The code is always the same. This example assumes a domain ending in dot com, so make changes as needed. It also assumes a gif graphic format. And the three double you's aren't inlcuded, either. Insert as needed or applicable:

img src="http://domain.com/graphic.gif"

That works if the image is loaded into the root directory of your server. If you have created a directory for images, named 'images' then the following would apply:

img src="http://domain.com/images/graphic.gif"

The forward slash represents a change in directory, or change to a new page. Anyone else want to make this more clear?

Hope this helps,

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dee on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 09:32 pm:

Thanks, Tom--I'll try it!

Dee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 12:48 am:

Hello everyone;

I've been away for a few days working on just this subject.

Placing images on web pages and making links to images and such, it's such a difficult thing to put examples of the HTML in this forum I'm going to try this.
This is a tutorial covering the subject.

Don't worry I'm not taking you away from the newbie club and you don't have to go crusing around the next pages either, I'm not finished yet.
The frame on the left will stay there.
You can get a good idea of how image links on pages work. Give it a shot.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mike P. on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 09:40 am:

Here's a question that maybe someone out there in cyber-world can help me with;
Why won't my computer open MHTML e-mails?
Does it have anything to do with the fact that my
computer is a Celeron?
O.K. that's 2 questions . . .
I have a 400mhz pc/64mg RAM/with Win 98
I'm using Netscape for e-mail
Any idea on this one?
Thanks Mike
Great site by the way !

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page