Earning $$$ with affiliates on the net

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Earning $$$ with affiliates on the net
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
How To Escape The Rat Race For Good!!! No BS Nor Dream Stealer...  1   06/13 08:04am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 03:08 pm:

I have the website builder & this question may be more for Tom & Joe but I welcome comments from all... The reason I am building or learning to build pages/sites is besides having something to say to the world :) etc. I really would like to earn $$ doing it & from my "studies" good affiliate programs are the way to go. I am also learning that many mainstream sponsors do not pay well. Because the the Newbie Club & Newbie Web site builder has many text links, I am wondering if they are getting good results. So I guess if anyone wants to spam me with what they honestly feel are good affiliates, I'm ready. But please only tell me about honest sponsors not the one's that shave your hits & commissions. I know there are many like that. The other reason I ask this here is because I feel Tom, Joe & the contributors to this board seem to be honest people - one's who are not going to intentionally stear me wrong. If for some reason you don't want to "spam me" on this board, feel free to e-mail me.
Thanks much in advance
Candy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 07:38 pm:

Candy:

Here is a website which has a LOT of affilate programs listed, and gives a little information on the quality of each.

http://www.2-tier.com/

Best of luck!

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 05:38 pm:

Anonymous
It is true only about 5% make anything on the net - I just plan to be part of that 5%
sorry you are burned out - take a break & re-evaluate
:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 03:15 am:

I believe the trick is focusing on a FEW affiliate programs. You can't just fill a page with different links and try to get people there to click them. You have to have a well-designed, content-enriched site. Then, you offer your visitors (who trust you and value your opinion because your content is good) a couple affiliate programs that you feel are good programs.

It is difficult to make money on the internet, but it is a full-time dedicated job... I hope you regain your interest and don't give up!

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

be careful of unethical sponsores & name registrars
Have found via some other boards reports of name registrars litereally taking domain names by means not so ethical - reputable long standing registrars. Other things can happen cuz of the fine print too. Read the fine print carefully in any name you buy. For instance I have some names registered through namebargain - after I registered they changed some rules & now if I don't get back to them at the right time, they automatically regigister the name, using my card# - becomes automatic - well guess what, I don't want to keep all the names I bought - this is just one example - some are very upfront & honest-
Also watch stats on sponsors carefully too - make sure they are paying you what they owe you.
Really I am not being paranoid - read fine print - some people are being 'used'
fust fyi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 01:18 pm:

'just' being used - not 'fust'! for frying out loud....
Candy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 12:02 pm:

Re:domain name ownership thing - fyi
This post below came from another board & refers to Bulk Register (which I have names with & felt confident about in regards to safety) Others on this board had similar problems - reg. names there & now showing expired when they are not. This co. also just merged with another.

"This is not good - the name is showing as expired and it certainly is not. Other names that I transferred from NetSol (many months ago) are also showing expired."

check your register on occasion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 05:10 pm:

I have used networksolutions, register.com, namesecure.com, dotearth.com, 24-7-domainreg.com, discountdomainregistry.com, 10-domains.com, and 000domains.com.

NEVER use network solutions... that is the worst place possible.

I have been very pleased with 000domains.com. They let you keep all of your names under one profile, the administration is simple and easy to use, and the renewal process is painless. And for 13.50, there are cheaper registrars out there, but I like this one the best.

You are right candy... gotta be careful where you register your name. As with buying products or other services online, you must always make sure you are using a reputable business.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Friday, March 02, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

good customer service places
I bought some names yesterday from namecheap.com
owned by a guy I was familiar with from another board...
the only 2 drawbacks are you can only search 1 name at a time & only buy 5 at a time - but the price is right $8.88 & the customer service absolutely awsome - they send you free lists of dropped names -
yes NS is scarey

also had great customer service recently from focalex & bluegravity hosting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 02, 2001 - 05:04 pm:

Candy:

I had never heard of namecheap.com before. It seems like a really good deal. Especially with all of the free services included with the domain name. And... 8.88 is definatly a good price. Darn it, you are going to make me end up switching some names! :)

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Saturday, March 03, 2001 - 01:37 pm:

Customer service - this impressed me the most - more than the $$ - same with Blue Gravity for hosting - in trying to upload the site have had problems - partly because they are switching some software - they were awesome - of course still having a problem but - for $25/mo no set up fee & add sites @ $5 per set up fee if you stay under whatever... anyway this is not a spam cuz not an affiliate... yet - ck it out www.bluegravity.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Saturday, March 03, 2001 - 01:39 pm:

oh forgot spoke on phone with blue gravity too - very nice & very professional

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vince Sumoski on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 03:38 am:

Hey Candy,

I use DirectNic for domain registration $15/yr and get free re-direction of host and email. They offer web hosting etc. I'm very pleased with it. I've put together a VERY simple web page with a banner ad which links to DirectNic (I'm an affiliate). My web page also has a banner ad to another affiliate program I'm VERY VERY VERY happy with. It's in pre-launch and therefore it may be 'down' occasionally so check back if the banner 'link' is blank on my simple web page at www.aprilmayjune.com. I'm very excited about this second affilite program. Please excuse my spelling.

Sincerely,

Vince

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Terry Burt on Thursday, July 05, 2001 - 01:53 am:

Just an fyi from a 'new' newbie. I just registered a new domain name with a company called MY.ws. Interesting story, they have an arrangement with the government of Somoa (country extension .ws) to resell for them as their Registry. Branding .ws as .w(eb)s(ite). Mine is Networkpro.ws. Not cheap, but a lot of good names available you can't get anywhere else. Yes, I am an affiliate, so I am sorry if I am out of order, just thought it might be good to let everyone know there is a new game in town.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ajibola on Monday, June 23, 2003 - 05:39 pm:

Candy, this is quite late but if you are still interested in good affiliate programs for your site try the 5pillar affiliate program. It fit practically any business on the web. One thing about their products is that it is cheap and over-delivers. Try their free 10 days e-mail course by sending a blank e-mail to tamsprogress3@sitesell.net and see what they are giving out for free. you can then make up your mind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fleance on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 07:39 am:

Not only can one earn a decent living with affiliate programs but also a real fortune. I am not going to lie to you that it's not going to take a bit of learning and initial investment. I am trying out a few with minimal cost.
I have been introduced to a well known somebody who truly has make it using affiliates currently and will follow his advise to the 'T'.
I will keep you posted on how I went on whether it's worth the effort and money.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page