How Do You Create A Button For Visitors To Click On ?

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: How Do You Create A Button For Visitors To Click On ?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By keith Forster on Sunday, February 18, 2001 - 12:36 am:

Greetings

I am creating a website (slowly)and would like to include a few buttons so that visitors can click on them to visit different pages or different web sites.

Does anyone know HTML coding for buttons or a web site that explains how to create them ?

Thank You
Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 12:10 am:

Hi Keith
If you just want the graphics to use for the button - there are lots of free ones - ck. the url/links for some listed at the home page of newbie.com then hook it up with the href thingy etc.
Good luck & be patient with yourself -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 02:27 pm:

RE: Buttons; Buttons can be in many shapes and forms. Correct me if I'm wrong but, you are talking about the buttons like what are used in forms are you not?

If you are then you have to use the "Form" syntax to create a button that looks like it depresses when clicked on.

However you can use what is known as a "Roll Over" effect when you mouse over or click an image. What this involves is actually using two images, one used for mouse out and another of the same size when mouse over or mouse clicked.

You can also use a "menu" of some kind like a "Drop down" menu that contains a list of pages with corresponding links and a "Go" button.

You can get started with this short lesson on Hyperlinks I will continue this page with "how to create buttons and drop down menus and "Forms" too.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, February 19, 2001 - 08:58 pm:

More Buttons:
I've put together a short lesson on how to create links using form buttons and also some simple forms you can get started with.

Here's the Link

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 04:50 pm:

None of you answered his question. You spammed him over to your site. Good show!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candy on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 05:45 pm:

Anonymous
3rd upset post from you- we are all learning here & Catchup has given tons of help along with others - the info is on that link - why should it be repeated?
Maybe you need a walk in the sunshine?
JMHO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 23, 2001 - 03:19 am:

Anon.... did you even click the link?

Catchup has continually presented excellent help to all of the newbies here, on various topics. No one has spammed anyone...

Your posts are the ones which cause the problems. What is that old saying? "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Man... I wish I knew who first came up with that.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 07:44 am:

Ahem......

Now, now,,,, lets not get upset here. "Anon" would just get all excited if we were to start getting angry towards him.

I make the links to my site to put the 'tutorials' and stuff together not so much to get people to my site (although,,,) but because it is so difficult to post HTML and JAVA in the forum, when I do the scripts go live and you can't see them.

If I have offended anyone by placing a link to my site from here, I apologize sincerely.

Catchup

BTW here's another Link ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, February 28, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

Well,

I think Anonymous was having a bad day or something. There are days that you just get frustrated over all the work it takes to survive online.... not that any of us have ever worried about that. :) Just gotta hang in there.... those days will come and go.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By neuguy on Tuesday, August 06, 2002 - 03:19 am:

It looks like I'm a little slow on the get go, all of these posts was here, befor I ever touched my first puter. I started as a 48 year old newbie in 05/01, I am still searching for alot of answers. It wasn't so hard to notice, that Anon didn't offer any answers. I thought that offering answers to each other, was what this is all about. I'm clicking with Catchup, Neuguy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By romytf on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 03:04 am:

I have read all the previous inputs and responses. I have a similar problem but can't find any previously given suggestion to be helpful. To re-state my problem:

I am doing a self-study on how to make a web page using Easy 1st Page. I am trying to do a certain transition from my 1st page to the second page with the use of a button.(I can do it with the mouseover system.) With the available aids from the program I can produce the button but I cannot make the transition when the button is click. I have something of this in the bottom of the page:

(A HREF="My Second Page.html")(input type="button" value="")(/A)

Note: Please replace the open and close parentheses with the "less than" and "greater than" symbols as using them make the tagged portions disappear in this posting.(Obviously something is wrong with my format.)
I want the clicking of the button to transfer reader to the “My Second Page”. Can anybody advise me on what I am doing wrong.

Thank you so much.

Romytf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:51 pm:

I use an image tag for my button, like this (I've used brackets as you have, so the board will display the code).

(a href="mypage.html" target="_blank")(img src="button.gif" width=88 height=31 alt="Click here" border="0")(/a)

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By romytf on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:54 pm:

Hi Ms. Dianne Reuby! That was a quick response and I'm sure your suggestion will work as like before.

Thanks again!
romytf

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page