Using WS_ftp_le

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Using WS_ftp_le
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Capt on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 02:19 pm:

Hi All, Ultimate problem is: I'm online, Sessions Prop entries are correct. Click OK and get WS_ftp
window.Local side has d:\(some default file name).
I change that to just d:\ and follow that with
"mydocuments".
In the local name field I click on the file folder
I want (my index file is one of the files in that
folder). My click on "Connect" results in either
"Connection failed" or "Can't get that I.P.
address".
Nothing ever appears on the remote side.
Any and all suggestions welcomed.
'Capt'

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 07:58 pm:

Capt:

I don't use that program, so I am not familiar with it at all. But it sounds like the remote host you are trying to connect to is not right. Verify your website's ip address or ftp address. That sounds like the problem... when you click "connect" it tries to connect to an ip address or website that does not exist or accept ftp connections.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By capullen on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

Josh. Thanks for the input. Addresses are
correct...ISP has not turned off DNS...There is
no firewall.
I've discovered that my ftp "connect" is not getting thru to the dialer. Currently inclined to
believe that one or more of my set up entries are
incorrect....wrong name, . . wrong something or
other. So right now I'm wondering how to find
the "erroneous entries" ? Capt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 04:00 pm:

Capt.... dunno. However, you can get the job done using cuteftp available from:
http://www.globalscape.com

Sorry I can't help you with that program... but yeah, it sounds like some setting is wrong in there somewhere.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 12:56 am:

RE: WS-FTP;

It's a great FTP program, I've used it for years and years without any problems.

I don't know what you are doing exactly but, here's a little tutorial on it. Look it over and see if you can't get it to work. If you still have trouble e-mail me or just repost here and we'll work it out.

WS-FTP help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Capt on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 08:30 pm:

Hi Everyone. Thanks for the input re FTP.
I found the problem. It was so obvious that
I really felt silly. Capt.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page