PWS

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: PWS
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

What is Personnal Web Server? What is it for? What does it do? Do I need one? Could you shed some light on it?
Appreciate your help. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

Anon,

Go here: http://www.abiglime.com/webmaster/articles/frontpage/092697.htm

This does a good job explaining what a PWS is and does.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Louis Blake on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 04:20 am:

Greetings, I just signed up as a TNC member. Can you help me with the following: I have built webpages using Microsoft FrontPage 2000. I used a "Webmonkey tutorial" see www.hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/backend/databases/tutorials/ "Your First Database” to create tables and set up relationships for a database to use with my website. When I did the “Tool Check” in Lesson One the link “download PWS” no longer existed, However a search on the Microsoft.com site yielded the following information: Note: Personal Web Server is an older technology available in Windows 95, 98, NT4, and Millenium Edition. Users that need Web server functionality in a desktop operating system should use Internet Information Server (IIS) included with Windows XP Professional. Like I said above I have Windows 2000 installed on my system, which includes FrontPage 2000. I do not have Windows XP Professional. Where do I go from here?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page