Joe Barta's Web Design question

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Joe Barta's Web Design question
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Exercises vs lessons  1   01/14 06:29pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marvin on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 06:09 pm:

I am going thru Barta's Web Design book via Newbie Web Site Builder. I'm having a problem in lesson 2 with the 'swirlies.gif' background. I right click to save it, but then when I search for the 'page1.html' file to place it in, I cannot find it in the folder tree. How can I successfully accomplish this step???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

Hi Marvin,
You need to make sure that swirlies.gif and page1.html are in the same folder - I created a new folder just for this. Put it wherever you can find it easily - on your desktop, or in your My Documents folder, or in the folder with Web Tutor in. Wherever suits you. Call it something you can remember - I'm great at calling it something I think is obvious, and forgetting what it was!

Then save page1.html in this folder, and swirlies.gif in the same folder. (Later in the tutorial you'll learn how to use files from different folders).

If you think you've saved page1.html, use the Find files to locate it. (Shortcut to this is Windows Key + F)

Hope this helps, have fun!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page