Email Virus

TNC Discussion Board: First Website Builder: Email Virus
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lin C on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 08:25 am:

Hi all, I just put up my first web page. I have an email link to my mail that my host provider gave me through their hosting. It's not connected to my regular email in Outlook Express. Since I am not opening it in Outlook Express, but on the internet, is it still connected to my computer in a way to give me a virus? To me it seems like it could, but I really don't know for sure. TIA
Lin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lin C on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 08:56 am:

I should add to the post above. I bought & used First Website Builder. For me, This program was the one I could understand and learn from. I hope this post is in the right area. Thanks, Lin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 05:19 pm:

Hi Lin,
Congratulations on your first site - I know how you feel!

You won't be able to get a virus from web-based email unless you actually download an infected message or attachment to your computer.

Have fun with your site,

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rsnake13 on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 - 06:53 pm:

Thanks Dianne, That makes sense to me. Wasn't sure though. Thanks for clearing that up for me. And Thanks for the cheers on the website. I was so happy finally getting a program I could understand. Been trying like for 6-8 months. First Website Builder makes it easy and fun! I really enjoy working on it now. (<8
Lin

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page