Editing Web Pages

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Easy Designer Problems: Editing Web Pages
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
What is RAW PAGE?  1   11/04 03:46am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert Kearse on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 03:42 am:

How do I edit the SOURCE CODE?

I pasted the html code for a banner on one of my pages, but it is not displaying properly(excessive
border). The banner exchange gave me instructions
on what part of the source code I have to change, but my changes do not stick.

I do not own a computer, but built my site on computers at the library, and I know very little
about computers.
I would appreciate greatly any help I can get!
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rod Purnell on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 03:22 pm:

Hi Robert,

Have you tried first pasting the Source Code to "Note Pad" first ? Then copy it again and paste that code into your website.

That should do the trick.

I don't know what kind of page making software you are using but that would be helpful to know so I could give you a more specific answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Irving on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 06:47 pm:

Hello, can anyone help
I have a web site, and wish to add banners and text or ads, to my existing site, but do not know how to do this, I need to know do I have to copy and paste, but how do I say get it to the centre of my page or say the bottom etc.
can anyone help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:34 pm:

Hi Bill,

What are you using to create your site with?

You need to paste the code in the part of your page that you want it to display - but how to do this depends on the program you are using to create the page.

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bill Irving on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

Hello Dianne
thanks for the message, I am new to this , so I am starting from scratch, thats whey I had someone make my website www.neptunescave.com for me in the first place, only now I want to add to this, everybody seems to tell me to use frontpage2000 or notepad?
any help would be great
hope to hear from you
have a good day, I have put my e-mail on also.
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:09 pm:

Hi Bill

If you use NotePad, it's a plain text editor (it won't add any formatting to you text which will upset the browser). Load your page into NotePad, and you'll see the html coding that makes up the page.

Load up your browser (IE or Netscape), and load up the page there too - so you can see what it looks like.

Now in Notepad, you have to paste the text - the hard part is working out where! I'd make a copy of the html file first, in case it all goes pear-shaped, then you still have your original to work from.

If you don't know html, you'll have to look through the code to find references that you recognise, such as links to another page or site, and work out where that is on the page. Hopefully, you should be able to find the place you want, and paste your code. Then you can save your file, click Refresh in your browser to reload the file there, and see what it looks like.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page