Template Web Designs

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Template Web Designs
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rod Purnell on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 12:51 pm:

Greetings Everyone,

I've been reading the posts here for a month or so and think that it's great to see so many individuals who are learning to create their own websites and taking the time to get it right.

I've been building pages for about 4 years now and have gone through the motions and frustrations of using every piece of editing software you can think of from "FREE" to FrontPage 2000.

I never seemed to get exactly what I was looking for and continually spent hours each day editing, pasting, positioning, and generally just frustrating myself.

For those of you who are going through this same thing right now, I recommend checking out "Template Designs".. There are numerous companies around the web offering these but the most unique by far is located at BoldWebs.
http://www.boldwebs.com

Just thought that if I was looking for something like this others might be as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tony Hung on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 09:07 pm:

Hi Rod,

I checked out Boldwebs (http://www.boldwebs.com), but they seem to have an extreme FLASH bent to its site, rather than HTML. In particular, they seemed to have named themselves "eFlash Technologies".

Is this what you meant?

Cheers,
Tony Hung

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By diem mien on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 10:35 am:

Hi everybody
I am a Vietnamese, this is the first time I joint into your club.
I want to become a webdesigner, but I have few experience about using Firework program, would you help me how to control this program? thanks a lot.
would you recommend me some famous website of Advertising company?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dee on Monday, April 29, 2002 - 06:45 pm:

Hi everyone. I have a 2 questions. First, where do I find my cookies and how do I get rid of them? The second is, I have 2 icons on my desktop and they say that if I delete them, I will not be able to edit some documents. One is an e-book which I downloaded and the other is from callwave which I have since cancelled. Will I have any problems if I delete both of these unwanted icons. Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 06:41 am:

Dee,
If you click on Start/Find/Files and Folders and type in cookies in the "named" slot, then on find, that will show you where they are located. If you want to see what all is in there just double click on the folder and it will open. I am using W98SE, IE6, and one way to get rid of cookies is to right click on Internet Explorer (The Blue E) then on properties, that will open a window where you can delete cookies, temporary internet files and history if you so desire.

As far as deleteing the e-book and the callwave icons, if they were on MY desktop, I would delete them, but I have never downloaded an e-book or callwave, (have no idea what documents callwave might edit) so maybe you want to wait for help from someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 10:54 am:

Isn't CallWave the pc-based answering machine? You might be better using Windows Add/Remove Programs utility (Start | Control Panel) if the program itself is still on your computer. If the program has already gone, and it's just the shortcut icon left (shortcut icons have a little arrow on the bottom left), you can delete this OK.

As far as ebooks are concerned, deleting and ebook shouldn't affect your system. If the ebook is in Windows format, it has an .exe file extension, and Windows thinks it's a program.

Windows is just giving you a chance to change your mind, in case you have clicked the wrong thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By DHauyes on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

I am working on the Webpage builder which I bought and downloaded from Freebies.com. I was working on it and got to the point where I was able to put the color in but when I tryed to do the swirlies I couldn't get them in there. Can someone tell me where to or how to put the swirlies in between my and . I want to get this part learnt before I go on to the next step. Any answers will be appreciated so much. Thanks DHayes1027@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 05:32 pm:

Hm. Unfortunately, html tags do not translate on this forum. I like to substitute '(' for ''. So, your tags didn't show up. I'm going to assume you are talking about the body tag though.

Secondly, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "swirlies", but I might have an idea. Are you talking about the ability to make the page load through a transition similar to those used in powerpoint? Where, for example, you can have your page dissolve into view? That type of thing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 05:33 pm:

hah! I fell for the same thing I was just correcting you for. Let me fix my sentence.

I like to substitute '(' for the less than symbol, and ')' for the greater than symbol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, May 08, 2002 - 08:37 pm:

Hi

The swirlies picture should appear as your background if you add background="swirlies.gif" to the body tag. Make sure the graphic is in the same directory as your web page, and that the filename and extension (gif or jpg) are correct.

Have fun!
Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RYKER9 on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

I would like to know how to make page tabs. The ones that are all lined up horizontaly at the beginning of the page that say-products, services about us....etc, I can do this with tables but it not the look I want. Can someone help please.
Ed Black, RYKER9

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, April 14, 2003 - 07:02 pm:

I've been trying the free version of Pop-up Menu Creator, which produces vertical or horiziontal menus. It works well, if that's what you're looking for. The free version has a "powered by" label as the first menu item, and you have to create the whole thing at one go (you can't save it and work on it later, once you've saved it it's finished). The paid version doesn't have those limitations.
http://popup.jscentral.com/
is the site if you want to try it out.

Your other option is to do it all yourself, using (I think) JavaScript.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Roger Bertrand on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 04:14 pm:

Hi,
I am relative newbie to the world of site design, and probably one of the more confused one's at that.
I intend having a site designed for me in the near future as I simply do not have the time to learn "how to" right now.
My question is: When designing a site, how can one know what a page represents in MB? A lot of hosting companies seem to have some terrific offers, but I cannot determine from reading their info how to calculate,(even roughly) if 300 or 500 MB will suffice or not.
Thanks
Roger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, October 10, 2003 - 10:36 am:

If you look at the file for the web page in Windows Explorer, that's the size it will be on the hosts server. So a 10k page will take up 10k of your allocation. As a rough guide, I've got about 60 pages, and I'm using up just over 20Mb of my allocation.

When it comes to bandwidth, you have to include any graphics on the page. So if you have three pictures of 20k each, thats 60k, add your page size, say 10k, and every time that page is downloaded takes 70k of your bandwidth. (Don't forget to include any site logos and headers - I always forget them!)
Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page