Pop-Ups??

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Pop-Ups??
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, January 04, 2003 - 02:29 pm:

A lot of web marketers use pop-ups for capturing contact information from people who visit their sites. Do you think pop-ups are the best way to capture contact info? If so, how would I go about creating one??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, January 07, 2003 - 09:59 pm:

You can do this with javascript - quite a lot of free ones around. One site is http://javascript.internet.com/
and if you do a search for "free javascript" you'll get a lot more sites.

Remember that many parts of the world have slower connections than you may be used to - I think that's why pop-ups have become a pain for many, especially when the same window pops up for every page of a site. Don't include huge pictures, which will make the window slow to load. Pop-unders are more popular, but I don't know how effective the two types are.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page