Different resolution/browser sizes

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Hi I have a Questiion about a website I'm building : Different resolution/browser sizes
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 11:41 pm:

How a site may look under different resolutions/browsers has been partly covered before but Iíll be grateful of some input before I get my first site hosted. It's just a sales letter, mostly of text, built with minimal HTML knowledge using Notepad and Windows 98.

Iíve looked at the site with IE v5.50 and Netscape v6.20, using resolutions 1024 x 768, 800 x 600, and 640 x 480. The letter looks OK to me on all three resolutions but is that enough to be reasonably sure itíll be OK for the majority of people to view, or have I got to do something else?
Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sreuby on Tuesday, February 04, 2003 - 02:39 pm:

You've done a lot more than many "experts" seem to! Once your site has been running for a while, you can check your stats to see which browsers are used by most of your visitors - then if there's one that you haven't tested, but is used by a lot of visitors, you could do that.

You can also ask for site checks at some of the webmaster forums.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page