Use of cascade style sheets and meta tags

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Use of cascade style sheets and meta tags
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By prabhakara on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:32 pm:

Hi Guy's,
I have just finished the course on level 1,on web page development.I am more confused than
before.
Can some one tell me why it is necessary to use
c.s.s and meta tags together/
regards
prabhakara

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 05:04 pm:

CSS is mainly providing layout and/or formatting for your pages - for example, use green text for headings.

Meta tags provide descriptions and keywords for some search engines and directories to use when they spider and catalogue your pages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 02:16 am:

CSS (with html 4.01)is the way to go - I've almost completed updating a 50+ page site written in html 3.2.

Despite some suggestion to the contrary, meta tags are still very useful, especially if they are RELEVANT: "description" - a brief description of the site, telling a searcher what to find on it; "key words (and phrases)" - if they match words and phrases used in the headings and ordinary text on the page ("keyword density") and perhaps a geographic location, e.g. for a shoe shop site in Tasmania. These are especially useful in a niche market. The emphasis should be on giving the searcher helpful information. Do a few Google etc. searches and read the info about the sites in the search results.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page