Help needed with setting up a PDF download

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Help needed with setting up a PDF download
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By MikeCharles on Monday, July 28, 2003 - 08:19 am:

I am launching an e-book in pdf format.
with links to external sites within it. I first of all tried publishing it to the web e.g. "www.mywebsiteaddress.co.uk/myebook.pdf".

What I found was that the pdf document opened as part of the web page okay. However, when I clicked on an external link in the document I did not return to the same page in the pdf document when I hit the back button?

Am I having problems because I have effectively turned the pdf document into a web page?

I guess what I am trying to achieve is a situation where someone can navigate freely to any external link in the document and return to the same page from where they originally linked out?

Am I approaching this correctly as I am sure that I have seen web sites where there is a link on a web page where you can click and the pdf document appears in a new web page/window for viewing? You can then navigate freely backwards and forwards with no problems and return each time to the page from where you clicked?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page