Newbie Club Affiliate Link

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Newbie Club Affiliate Link
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 01:19 am:

Hi, I'm Skip... Joe Robson referred me to the Forum for my question...first time here... Can anyone tell me the technical how-to explaining how just typing/posting my Newbie link on my website works-- what's involved...is an affiliate network/middleman used, or how does TNB set it up so you just have to type in the url with your code at the end? TKS, Skip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Saturday, November 08, 2003 - 08:37 pm:

Hi Skip, and welcome.

Just use your link as you do any other - make sure your ID is included, and the software at the NewbieClub server will deal with any referrals - so if I click your affil link, their software will record that I've come from you. Whenever I return to TNC, it "remembers" that I came through your link originally and credits your account with the commission. This is done using cookies, a small text file that holds the details on my PC.

Is that what you wanted to know?
Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Skip on Sunday, November 09, 2003 - 01:49 am:

Affiliate Link-Thanks Dianne...but...
I know how that works, but how does a merchant (new to affiliate concept) set up their webpage to accept my link (different merchant, different product... do they do it like a separate page on their website/server? SKip

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page