Text Size In Net Objects Fusion4

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Text Size In Net Objects Fusion4
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Vannot on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 11:07 pm:

Hi
I use Net Objects Fusion4 to design my web pages.The text size I use is "Browser Proportional" size 10 which is Times New Roman 10.
I design my pages with a screen resolution of 600 x 800.After publishing my pages I look to see what the page looks like in 640 x 480 resolution and the text looks really big as though it hasn't adjusted itself to the larger screen size.I know it's probably something to do with the "Publishing" settings but I don't what! I would appreciate it if anyone could come up with a suggestion

Regards Bill Vannot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 11:17 pm:

Bill:

I have never used Net Objects Fusion 4, so I don't know all the specifics with it. However, the text will look larger when you adjust your monitor no matter what.

Whenever you change your screen resolution from 640X480 to 600X800, notice the start menu. It becomes smaller. And when you change back, it will become larger. The same with the font on the website. Unfortunatly, some people just insist on using that darn 640X480... and the site will just not look the same on it. The main concern should be that your site is not too wide for the smaller resolution. If it is, then you will have a scroll bar on the bottom of the screen, and that is not cool.

Hope that helps,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 06:55 am:

Bill:
I use NOF 5.5 and have built quite a lot of web pages with it. What I've found is that, the text will be larger in a 640X480 screen resolution and there's just not much we can do about it.
I just build pages that will look acceptable in most browsers and let it go at that.
You can put a message on your site that it is best viewed in 800X600 resolution and maybe, eventually people will get the idea that they should change their resolution.
You could also create different sites for different browsers and screen resolutions, place a ID JAVA script in your pages and redirect for specific browsers but,,,, that's a real pain in the dark side....

Bottom line; "You can make some of the people happy most of the time but, you can't make all of the people happy all of the time..." If you know what I mean...

Catchup
Wayne's Worlds

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page