Scripts

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Scripts
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Banner rotation html code help!!!  2   04/18 06:32am
"CGI" and "PHP" script - how to implement?  8   05/24 03:54am
Email Login Scripts  1   09/11 10:32am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By catchup on Monday, October 09, 2000 - 03:23 am:

I tried to post a Java script that everyone could use to open a controlled window and when I did the script went live! Hmmmm???
How can I post a script that folks can use on their web sites here, without fear of destroying the discussion room???
Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Monday, October 09, 2000 - 04:26 am:

Catchup

I would suggest trying to "comment it out" using brackets. The machine should ignore anything between the brackets e.g.

SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

(= 4) {
isNav4 = (navigator.appName == "Netscape") ? 1 : 0;
isIE4 = (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1) ? 1 : 0;
}
function fitWindowSize() {
if (isNav4) {
window.innerWidth = document.layers[0].document.images[0].width;
window.innerHeight = document.layers[0].document.images[0].height;
}
if (isIE4) {
window.resizeTo(500, 500);
width = 500 - (document.body.clientWidth - document.images[0].width);
height = 500 - (document.body.clientHeight - document.images[0].height);
window.resizeTo(width, height);
}
}
// End -->
)

HTH

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, October 09, 2000 - 04:30 am:

Yes, I thought of that but,,,
If I leave out a bracket then when someone copies it and tries to use it and doesn't know what is menat by replacing the bracket they are going to be PO'd at me for giving them something that doesn't work....
By the way, what are you doing up at this hour, for that matter what am I doing up at this hour????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, October 09, 2000 - 04:42 am:

For some reason i just can't get it to load the script in it's enterity, even if I do Comment it out. the whole script isn't loading....
Well, I'll work it out somehow,,, later,,,
I'm going to quit for the night,,,
Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Monday, October 09, 2000 - 05:10 am:

Don't know what time zone you're in (Oz/NZ?) but it's first thing on Monday morning in not-so-sunny Edinburgh.

As for the script, do you not think it might be a little ambitious for a Newbie forum?

How about this? ("Remove bracket on left and all this text between and including the quotes". Then do the same for the right. Just make sure you start it at the very start of the script and it should work.

Sleep well.

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Margaret McGregor on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 08:15 pm:

OK. I'll bite. What is a script and what does one do with one? I realize I'm a couple of months late, but I just found the site a couple of days ago. Hate to flaunt my ignorance, but it is a "newbie" site!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 03:17 pm:

Hi Margaret
JavaScript is a programming language that can add stuff to your page when the browser loads it - like the current date, a *tip of the day* that changes according to the date.

You can learn it, or use cut and paste scripts supplied by others.

To add to the confusion, JavaScript and Java are two totally different programming languages - who says the techies aren't out to get us :-) ?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page