How Can I Keep URL Static In Address Bar?

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: How Can I Keep URL Static In Address Bar?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 07:55 pm:

Does anyone know how I can keep the URL static in a browser's address bar?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, July 30, 2001 - 04:51 am:

Fred:

Are you talking about a forwarding website address? Or something else? Not sure I follow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, October 22, 2004 - 11:40 pm:

I was looking for something like this too though it seems three+ years have passed since the last person commented on this.
When I click the links on my web pages, I would just like the domain name to appear in the address bar and not the actual html page name each time.

Someone said I need a "cloaking" program, but I'm pretty certain that its just a "simple" coding issue in html. I do use frontpage2000 and have server extensions enabled.

I have visited websites that do this, but invariably I am unable to work out exactly how when viewing their html code.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.
You can see my efforts at
www.kleeneze-people.co.uk

Thanks
Michael
P.S. My username for the newbieclub is maxmillion, but I was unable to login here, consequently this is an anonymous posting.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page