Changing a Web Site

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Changing a Web Site
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ronald Dunn on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 05:34 am:

I have a website that is promoting a business that I am no longer involved with. I want to get rid of the current business and change the site over to another business.

I went to the /menu page, logged in and made it to the Control Panel. Opened the file manager to see what was there. I ran into all these different directories (www, Log, Secure, etc.) I haven't a clue now how I can change my site without risking totally destroying it.

Is there somewhere I can go to learn how to do this? I have created other web sites, but they didn't require using a Control Panel. I just uploaded the html docs using FTP. I'm paying good money every month to a hosting co. for a site that is, basically worthless to me. I would be more than willing to have someone contact for more personal help as I realize this may be too big for this discussion forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 04:40 pm:

go into file manager then into public html click index html and then go into edit. you should beable to delete the existing text and put new in

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page