ASCII mode & BINARY mode????

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: ASCII mode & BINARY mode????
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rusty on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 10:12 pm:

I am working on setting up a store/shopping cart on my site and I downloaded the software and it says to unzip the file and it will give me a directory that contains all of the necessary files. Then I am suppose to upload this entire directory to my /cgi-bin. All of these files MUST be transferred in ASCII mode, the only exceptions to this are the files contained in the directory /store/html/images which need to be transferred in BINARY mode. I have no idea how to transfer any of these modes I am currently using windows 98 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 05:16 pm:

Rusty:

Do you have FTP access to your site?

If so, just use internet explorer, and connect to your cgi-bin folder. Drag and drop the files you need... it should determine the upload mode by itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rusty on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 08:58 am:

Josh,
I am a beginner at this computer stuff so what is FTP access? How do I check to see if I have it? Also I am building my web store in Tripod.com would that make a difference?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

Rusty,

You can learn more about FTP by reading Newbie Club's "Newbie Uploader's Bible" on this site:

http://www.newbieclub.com/uploadersbible

Best,

Tom

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page