Drawings created in Microsoft Words

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Drawings created in Microsoft Words
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Tryin to convert my jpeg to html so i can post to web page  1   06/11 04:15am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Teck Hiang on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 05:17 am:

Could someone very kindly let me know the following :

Can a drawing created in Microsoft Words be included into web pages ?
If it can, please let me know how ?

If it cannot, then are there software to convert this drawing into gif or jpeg so that it could be included into web pages ?

Thank you. Warm regards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

Hi,

You will need to convert it to gif or jpeg - what file format does MS Words save it as?

Which version are you using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Teo Teck Hiang on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 09:12 pm:

Hi Dreuby

Thanks for your reply.
I use Microsoft Words 97.
I believe the file format is (.doc)= document ??

So, how to convert to gif or jpeg ? Thanks again.

Sincerely
Teck Hiang

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 03:45 pm:

I've been experimenting - I don't think that you can convert .doc files to graphics formats like gif or jpeg. You can sometimes select and copy the picture in the .doc file, and paste it to a program such as MS Paint (included with Windows), but it seems only to work of the original picture is graphics format.

If your picture is created using the MS Word drawing tools, such as a flow-chart or line drawing, it does not seem to work.

Can anyone else give us more helpful information?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 03:50 pm:

An after-thought : You can try saving the .doc file in MS Word as a web page (.html), and then editing the html code. That might be your only option.

File > Save As > then choose save as web page, and make sure the extension changes to .htm or .html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, December 11, 2001 - 08:34 pm:

Why can't you print the .doc from Word, then scan it, you can then save it as a .jpg format(or .bitmap or .gif or whatever)?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page