Easy Designer Problems

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Easy Designer Problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Editing Web Pages  7   03/28 08:09pm
Paint Shop Pro 4.15  10   01/12 08:59am
FREE: website,software,shares,$$$,advertising,lotto,..  5   11/20 12:13pm
Having problems with web design software, need help  2   09/01 07:09am
Hi need help with creating a navigation panel for a membership site within a website!  1   08/14 02:32pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard Graefe on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 04:28 am:

Hello. I am having MAJOR problems with AOL Hometown Easy Designer. Everything starts out working just fine. But then, over time, it gives me less and less access for editing. Now I can't access any of it at all for editing. The only answer I got from AOL Tech was Delete it and make another.

I didn't delete it but made another site. Same thing as before.

Does anybody know what I can do?

Has anybody had similar problems? I have found a few others. If any of you are having trouble, please email me. I am collecting documentation to be presented to Easy Designer Management and/or Programming.

Thank you Richard Graefe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 07:03 am:

Hi Richard

This is not the most helpful answer - but, in the longer term, it's the only one; leave AOL.

There are lots of reason for this (see the discussion at http://www.newbieclub.com/discuss/messages/4/55.html?972108179) but the main one is that your site will not display properly (if at all) to anyone who isn't using AOL.

Sorry not to be more constructive but, as their answer to your question demonstrates, they really are that bad.

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard Graefe on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

Jamie, Thank you for the info. I am now beginning to understand some about my problems and why I can't get any answers from AOL.

To everyone - Please let me know who, other than AOL, you would vote for as being the best Internet Srevice Provider (ISP). Please post and/or email me.

Thank You

Richard Graefe zse45@aol.com (soon to change)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 10:52 pm:

Richard:
There are any number of good ISP's out there in cyber-space... And,,, none of them have AOL in there name ;-)
What you need to do is Click Here and go to the list. Determine what your needs are and sign up!
Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joseph Nazareno on Tuesday, October 31, 2000 - 12:28 am:

Another one to stay away from is ATT Canada. They ripped me for a lot of money, even though I got free unlimited internet access when I purchased my Dell computer.
It's a long story, but suffice to say, no customer service, long waits to get customer service, and snide and insesitive response when you do get to talk to a so-called rep.
Anyone know who to email at ATT Canada to talk to, about this problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert Walker on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 08:01 pm:

Can anyone tell me the many advantages of having front page 2000 over front page express to create a nice looking web site for my teenage daughters gymnastics site?

Thanks, Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Cathcup on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 03:00 am:

RE: FP
Front page 2000 has many more functions and abilities than the free express version.

I was once convinced that FP was the only HTML editor and WYSIWIG web page builder that was worth having. Until I downloaded a trial version of NetObjects Fusion 5.0.

Believe me, you will never look back at Frontpage after using NetObjects.

It is truly a great web page builder. Bar None!

Check it out, download a free trial version, you'll be building professional web sites in minutes! Honest!

You can get one at netobjects.com, Try it, you'll like it... tell em' I sent you... ;-)

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 07:05 pm:

I am having trouble with viewing my web page
that is under construction. My computer from Gateway came with two browsers installed,
Netscape and IE, and IE uses AOL for browsing.
I must have somehow deleted AOL from my computer
because the progam file says empty.

Now What? Do I load one of the CDs(AOL 6.0)
I keep getting in the mail? Are not these only
trial versions? What is the difference between the AOL that came with IE when I purchased my computer
and the trial version CD?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 09:48 pm:

Robert;
First off, are you using AOL for connecting to the Internet?

IE does not use AOL. You can view AOL sites with IE.

The IE and Netscape browsers that came with your gateway computer are full versions. You can use either one. My preferrence is IE. It's just what I use.

When you say you are having trouble viewing your web page, you're going to have to elaborate on that.

Can you open it up at all?
What do you man by 'trouble'?

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 11:17 am:

Catchup;
Thanks for taking the time to help out!
Actually, my problem is with my newly purchased Frontpage 2000. When I first loaded it on it worked fine. As a matter of fact it still works fine as far as the tools etc. are concerned.
However when I recently sat down to open a web in progress that is under my saved web file list, I am greeted with a popup message that says"cannot find webserver at OEM computer on port 80. Please
make sure web server is valid and proxy settings are correct."

I pay earthlink for internet access and I have two choices for browsing. My netscape works fine, but I cannot browse when I click on my IE browser.
When I do attmpt this, the IE browser window is brought up with the aol link in the address bar and a message saying this page cannot be displayed
unable to find server!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 12:55 am:

When your FP2000 program is saying this, it means your server on your computer is not fired up.

You have to find it and turn it on. Look for it in your FrontPage folder.

This is one of the reasons I switched to NetObjects Fusion. no hastles, no problems, (well most of the time) ;-)

When you fire up IE, (which you should be using as default) try typing in another address in the address bar and hit "Go", see what happens.
Wayne's Worlds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marilyn Lee on Sunday, March 04, 2001 - 11:17 am:

I use DellHost for my website. Nothing to gripe about but I do not like their webpage templates, Trellix, and their merchant program. For my next website I am considering bCentral from Microsoft. Any comments? I cannot get any information re the website templates, I do know they use FrontPage, and do not allow FTP. I want a upscale, professional site and I want to be part of the process. Any suggestions? I have in my possession NetObjects Fusion and am not that impressed by their templates for websites. I want something plain that I can design. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Marilyn Lee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bigpete28 on Wednesday, June 20, 2001 - 02:29 am:

I took catchup's advice about netobjects,it works great, but I need to know how the shopping cart is put on your site,before I get my hosting. it sounds pretty complicated, Any info would be great

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page