Sub-Domains

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: Adding to webpage: Sub-Domains
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brett Port on Sunday, March 03, 2002 - 09:45 pm:

Hi There
Have just finished my first Affilate webpage about one product, If I design another webpage for another product, from the same company and link the two together does this make it a sub domain? For example www.newbieclub.com and
www.newbieclub.com/ebooks(is this a sub-domain) . Thanks
Brett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, March 04, 2002 - 10:56 pm:

www.newbieclub.com is a domain.
www.newbieclub.com/ebooks is a sub-directory.
ebooks.newbieclub.com is a sub-domain.

See the difference there? Sub-directories are after the .com part, but sub-domains are where the www part goes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brett Port on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:54 pm:

Josh

Is there a certain file or certain way to upload my second webpage as a sub-directory.Thanks.

Brett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 05:30 pm:

If you are using an FTP program, you would create a new folder, and name it whatever you want your subdirectory to be.

Once that is made, double-click the new folder, and that will change the working folder to that one.

Create an index.html page and upload it to that directory. Now, you can go to:
www.domain.com/newfolder
and it will open the index.html page inside that folder.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brett Port on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 08:38 pm:

Hi Josh

Just wanted to say thanks for your help.

Brett

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page