How are they able to do this?

TNC Discussion Board: Web Page Design: How are they able to do this?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 12:08 am:

Check out this site. No right-clicking allowed. Great site! I'm impressed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 10:31 pm:

It's a fairly simple javascript to do this. However, know that you can always still get source for pages. There is no 100% way to keep your information from being stolen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 12:09 am:

OK Josh. How do I get the source in this case?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 11:30 pm:

In this case, you would hit "view", then "view source".

When you do that, you will see that the page is in frames. So, you have to isolate the frame where the page is located. That would be main.html (or htm, I don't remember which it was).

So, you type the domain, add a "/" and then type the name of the html file and hit enter.

Next, click view, source again. Now you have the source of the page, including the code to make the popups not occur.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 10:07 am:

Josh,
You are a genious. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page