Group mail, mail lists, listserv?

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Group mail, mail lists, listserv?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Scott Johnson on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 07:49 pm:

I have about 60 counselors who would like to support each other via email. I can send out a group mail to them but it seems to me like it might get chaotic for everyone to be using "reply all".

Where can I learn about using mail lists or listserv as a solution. How expensive or difficult to set up? Pros/cons of various methods? Other tips?
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 09:06 pm:

Scott,

I was recently dealing with this same issue for my church youth group. If you don't have a webhost that provides mailing lists, the best and cheapest (as in free) solution is: http://www.coollist.com

All you have to do is setup an account, then you can send "request" emails to all of your counselors. All they have to do is click a link and fill out a short form and they will be subscribed.

It's easy to setup, the one drawback is having to get them to confirm before you can use it...at least that's the drawback in my case, I can't get the darn kids to follow the directions!

Josh Lowe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page