How to delete long list of addresses in received e-mail

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: How to delete long list of addresses in received e-mail
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, January 19, 2003 - 08:27 pm:

I sometimes receive an e-mail I would like to forward. However, this e-mail (received) has a list of 25/50 e-mail addresses. How can I remove these addresses before forwarding the text of the message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Monday, January 20, 2003 - 05:40 pm:

This is how I do it...not saying if it's the quickest, but so far, it works for me, and if there is a better way, I'm all open.

Click on the forward, then I take the cursor down to the last address, click on that one and hold down the left mouse key..move it up so all are highlighted that I want to remove. When I get to the last one to remove (at the top) I hit the backspace or delete button...gone.
I think it works too if you highlight one and then use the shift/arrow up or down (whichever way you chose to go) It will highlight all then hit the delete key.
On the same note, if you get those emails where you have to go thru and keep opening file after file, or attachments...to get to the "meat" of the subject...if you want to forward that to someone, forward it from the last one that you opened, so the next person won't have to go thru all of that.
hope all this made some sense to you,
good luck
c.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Eva on Thursday, January 23, 2003 - 10:59 pm:

That's the way I do it too, chaz.. I don't know of any other way...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, January 26, 2003 - 10:06 pm:

26 Jan 03: Thank you chaz and eva - very much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Saturday, February 01, 2003 - 11:38 pm:

you're welcome...hope it worked for you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norma Morarie on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 02:59 am:

If your mail doesn't have BCC, You can send multiple emails as blind copies by typing one address in the 'To' field and the rest within parentheses, with a comma (no spaces) between addresses. (xxx,xxxx,xxx,) The address will show up to each person with their address only. You might want to pass this along to your friends, and ask them to use it. It helps keep spammers from grabbing a bunch of addresses for their own use. Hope this helps. Norma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mutti on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 01:13 am:

Highlight the whole body of the e-mail, copy (ctrl+c), click "write," paste (ctrl+v) it to the blank e-mail, then highlight anything you want to remove - and delete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 08:35 am:

To remove unwanted material in E-Mail.
Click "Forward"
High-lite with Left click.
Right click in high-lited area.
Left click on "Cut"

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page