Print dialog box

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Print dialog box
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By wwjdchichi on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 02:00 pm:

On my print dialog box the "selection" is there but, I can not click on it. It remains gray ... can I change that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 04:12 pm:

To "ungray" the radio button for printing the selection only, first highlight some text that you want to print, then click File, Print on your application. The radio button should be selectable then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, January 11, 2001 - 10:11 pm:

>When printing highlighted information from an e-mail message I get a dialog
>box that says: "There was an error writing to LPT1 for the printer (HP
>Deskjet 600). There was a problem printing to the printer due to an unknown
>system error. Restart Windows, and then try printing again. This does not
>happen when I print from anywhere else, but e-mail. This has been happening
>since I upgraded to AOL 6.0. I would appreciate any help you can forward me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 01:07 am:

Anonymous;

Dump AOL and get on a real ISP and use IE 5.5 or at least Netscape browser.
Sorry to be so blunt but AOL has their own little way of doing things and expect the rest of the world to go along with them.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

Anonymous:

I agree with Catchup about AOL. Get a different ISP and find out what the web is like for everyone else.

As for your printing problem: First, check your printers folder and make sure there is not some other instance of your printer installed that 6.0 is using. (Start/settings/printers). There should only be one there with a checkmark on it.

If this problem occured only after 6 was installed, try uninstalling it, then reinstalling. (start/settings/control-panel/add-remove programs). Select AOL 6.0 in the list and click the add/remove button. Reboot your computer. Once rebooted, reinstall the 6.0 software and see if the printing works.

If not, call AOL tech support. Just don't let them convince you that something is wrong with your computer... it's the aol software. If worse comes to worse, just go back to 5.0.

Sorry I couldn't be of real help.... but try the things above, and call AOL... you pay that premium price for their support!

Best of luck,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page