Removing >>>> in forwarded on e-mails

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Removing >>>> in forwarded on e-mails
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Strip Mail...is it safe??  1   03/26 08:08am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Eva on Wednesday, March 26, 2003 - 07:46 am:

I know there is an easy way to remove those annoying >>> in forwarded on e-mails. Can anyone tell me how to do it please/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 10:04 pm:

I just use edit, then find, put in a >, use replace and put nothing in there, then tell it to replace all. Works like a charm - they're all gone in the blink of an eye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By BJ on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 05:45 am:

Your technique doesn't work for me. I have Outlook Express 5 and it doesn't have a "replace" option.

I use an Email Stripper to remove those annoying little >'s . It works great.

I don't have the URL for the one I use, but you can type "email stripper" into a search engine and find one. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dolores on Monday, April 21, 2003 - 09:33 pm:

I use 'E Cleaner' v2.01. I think you can download it from http://members.tripod.com/schin26/index.htm
It's free & I just put the icon on my toolbar & click on it, paste the email in the text box & click on what I want it to do...remove the >>>, or remove all headers, or just 'clean' and it does all that. Then copy it & paste into my new message. I haven't checked out other email cleaners, but I know this one is easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carolyn Fertig on Monday, June 16, 2003 - 10:04 am:

There is someplace you can go in and check or uncheck something and they're gone. I did it before on my old computer but can't remember how. Here's hoping someone knows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 07:30 pm:

ask the sender to uncheck indent replies in O.E. and all other's you're in contact with as well.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page