Clipboard function

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Clipboard function
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Marcia on Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 01:41 pm:

I have been running XP for a little over a year on my "new" system, and recently have noticed an irritating change in the clipboard function, that I can't find my way around.

Previously, I copy and paste recipes and other information directly from email messages (I use Outlook as my mail manager) in to Word documents for storing in my files. I highlight the portion I want to transfer, then right click my mouse and select copy, open a new Word document (assuming I don't have one already open), then right click again and select paste. This has always been simple and effective, until recently, when I am not able to paste unless the Word document in open before I attempt the transfer!!!?

I have tested this in various ways...but the clipboard is not functioning unless Word is open and a document is waiting!? What did I do to my system? How can it be restored to the full function?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 09:11 am:

I found quite a few articles in the MS knowledge base that could be related - one concerns the Office clipboard memory being full, so not saving stuff that's copied, article 290373.

The knowledge base is at http://support.microsoft.com I searched for clipboard - if you want to look at the article I mentioned first, you can search for the article number.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page