Opening MSDOS files

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Opening MSDOS files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Larry Y Sokuu on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 05:03 pm:

My on-line college sent me an automated accounting diskette in MSDOS mode.

Any time I run the diskette I get an error message telling me the control file cannot be found. The control file is the access route to the exercises on the diskette.
My compuer tells me that I am missing two drivers.

How do I get the missing drivers?
Can I download them? From where?

I have restarted in Msdos, closed all running windows programs and tried installing to disk.
None of the above solved the problem.

Any help out there?

Thanks in anticipation.

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 03:08 pm:

You may find them online. Choose a search engine such as http://www.google.com and if you know the exact driver file name, type that in. You could also ask your on-line college - if they're sending out the disk, they should make sure people can use it. Ask them what the system requirements are for running the disk.

Dianne Reuby

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page