MICROSOFT WORKS PROBLEM

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: MICROSOFT WORKS PROBLEM
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, October 28, 2003 - 08:44 pm:

In a new computer using Microsoft Works V7, a friend created a very nice fax sheet cover page for me with a watermark. I do not know what he did, but now ever time I open Works, that is the "blank document." Clicking the "open new document" icon brings up another copy of it. Using the task manager and telling it to open a blank document opens this fax sheet. I have tried deleting the file; I have tried deleting everything on the page and saving it as a blank page; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and nothing has worked. It still opens the fax sheet. Any suggestions out there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 03:58 pm:

I've drawn a blank :-(.

You know, that whole area of the MS interface has never been comfortable for me. I don't have any custom templates stored because I'm not comfortable using them.

I am sure that your problem is a "template" storage problem, but I couldn't find any direct info on fixing it.

Maybe hit the help file under templates and see what they say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 07:49 pm:

That makes sense to me too, but it does not make sense that it was still there after I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled it??? I will read the template help file after I get back to that computer. It is a student of mine's machine

Without reading that help file, my next thought will be to uninstall, clean out temp files, reboot and then reinstall. Think that will help? Any other suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 12:30 am:

Oh sure, that could be true because the files exist outside of the program itself, and are the file "type" that the program uses.

I doubt that the files will be in temp files, as they are meant to stay put and be reused.

I remember a friend helping me with something like this saying, "create a template file with a simple, but unique name, then go to search and find it." This will tell you where that system stores those files.

Probably, help files will help you find it more efficiently, but......

Sometimes, I learn the hard way.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page