Problem with inserting text into document template

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Problem with inserting text into document template
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bob M. on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 06:32 pm:

Hello . . . I need some help learning to insert responses from a text box form into a document template. This is probably quite simple but since I'm a Newbie, I 'm having a problem. Your help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Bob M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 07:47 pm:

What sort of document is it? What program are you using? I'm not sure what you want to do.

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By roxiboxi on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 04:08 am:

I just need some basic html or possibly java script to help do the following. I need to take the responses from a simple text box form and insert the answer into a document template. It can be as simple as "The name of the company is ____________________ ." When the name is entered into the text box form and the user clicks on send or create document (or whatever its called), the name will be inserted where the blank is above. I'm working on an ebook but I'm starting with basic text created in Word (I think its 95)and then putting it into Front Page 2000 to transform it into html. Then I will use an ebook compiler (not sure which one yet) to do the final work. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your response to my question.

Bob M.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 04:01 pm:

I think Sunil has answered your question at Ebookfriends - http//www.ebookfriends.com so I'll let you read his advice as he's the expert!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page