Word Wrap in Textpad

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Word Wrap in Textpad
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 11:50 pm:

Can someone help me with the word wrap in Textpad.
I have written an article and want it wrapped at 60 characters.
I can't seem to get it to work.
Must be doing something wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, November 20, 2000 - 01:00 am:

RE: Textpad?

Do you mean "Notepad"?

If you are using a simple text editor, they are all very limited as far as formatting goes.

The best thing to do is to copy your article and paste it into a Word processor or at the least MS WordPad. you will have more luck with formatting.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Frank Lavallee on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 11:23 am:

If you enjoy writing letters or articles, use WordPad instead of NotePad, which automatically wraps lines as you type.

If you want to continue to use NotePad, do the following to wrap the lines so the text is readable without having to scroll back and forth:

Click "Edit", "Word Wrap". The lines will wrap to where you can read all the text at one time. Click "File", "Save" to save the change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By janfrank on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 08:28 am:

I love CryptEdit... The best notepad around and free too.... You can configure it easily to replace note/word/text pad on prompting for those editors and it word wraps, does syntax generally, etc. Heaps of customisation available. AND you can go back to your notepad whenever. I haven't seen Works hardly since I got it. Heaps quicker with CryptEdit. Wish you well in raw texting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By NewbiesLearn on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 05:13 pm:

I found a solution for exact character width that I just love, useful for email, ads, documents, the whole gamut:
http://Format-It.SmartAndFrugal.com
and
http://Reformat-It.SmartAndFrugal.com
You can set the exact number characters for width, you can auto-delete characters, such as the > and < for forewarded emails, and any other character annoying your reading ease.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norma on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 02:45 pm:

When I use notepad it always comes out Untitled. How Do I put up a title and not have the untitled come up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, May 06, 2002 - 05:03 pm:

You have to save the document for it to have a title.

Just click 'File/save as', type a name, and click the save button.

Now, when you print it, the "untitled" will be replaced with the name you saved the document as.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ella Cochrane on Sunday, April 24, 2005 - 09:31 pm:

I am stymied because I cannot use my recovery disk. I have a Gateway Pentium 4, and I have problems with Outlook Express which appeared when Service Pack 2 was installed. I have faithfully followed Microsoft repair instructions, but keep receiving the message "Windows XP cannot be installed because the Windows on my pc are more updated than those on the Recovery disk."

When I click on "create" a new e-mail, the scroll bar appears on the left side instead of the right side of the screen; therefore I cannot type properly; everything is screwed up.

Attempts at using other e-mail programs have also failed for me, and my problems may be more deep seated (?). I can reply to e-mails which come in, and I can also use any reply to create a new e-mail, by deleting the content and then clicking "send" ..but I would like to solve the problem. Has anyone here experienced this before?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page